We are seeking a Sr. Specialist in program scheduling to join our team in Canoga Park, Calif.
This individual will work as part of the business management team supporting the program management organization. They will develop and maintain program specific Integrated Master Schedules in support of program planning, performance measurement and the overall Earned Value Management System.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Work is performed with minimal direction.
50%: Develop and maintain program specific Integrated Master Schedules ( IMS) in support of program planning, performance measurement and the overall Earned Value Management System (EVMS). Ensure compliance with the AR EVMS system description.
25%: Analyze schedule and performance data to evaluate performance against baseline and prepare customer and internal reports summarizing analysis.
10%: Prepare and present recommendations to management based on schedule data.
10%: Develop and maintain project Estimate At Completion as required.
5%: Maintain auditable records/files of work performed and respond to audits from internal and external sources.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Mathematics or related field with ten (10) plus years of applicable experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
US Citizenship Only Required. Dual Citizenship does not meet job qualifications.
• Demonstrated performance in business operations including a thorough knowledge of cost accounting standards, performance measurement systems, command media, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) contracting requirements and Earned Value Management principles
• Proficiency with Microsoft tool set particularly Microsoft Project but also Office, Excel and Powerpoint
• Capability in scheduling analysis tools a plus
• Ability to operate effectively in a team environment.
• Independent, self-motivated individual with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize to meet critical deadlines, and focus on work product quality and accuracy.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with hands on approach to process improvement and effective problem resolution.
• Exercises discretion.
• Applies creativity to work details.
• Some travel will be required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.