Aerojet Rocketdyne Coleman Aerospace is seeking an experienced Cable Technician with a background in working in missile assembly environments for government contracts in the Orlando, FL area. We are seeking candidates that are wanting to take advantage of an opportunity to develop their skills and grow in their profession.
Individual must be familiar with cable fabrication. Essential duties are as follows:
* Read Bills of materials and technical schematics
* Use different hand tools - wire crimpers, wire strippers, etc.
* Wire stripping, tip tinning, terminal crimping, wire and cable bundling/tie wrapping, and labeling.
* Track material movement on software/data entry.
* Compliance with documentation requirements.
*Ability to read schematics and drawings.
Required Skills and Experience:
Minimum 6 years of experience in cable and wire harness assembly.
Current or prior IPC/WHMA A-620 certification required.
Current J-STD-100 certification desired.
The work environment may require a varied amount of walking, standing, balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
Work duties may also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment. Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary.