Performs tasks required to produce various inert components and assemble these parts to a point where they are ready for next operational level. Works with direct supervision, following formal written procedures and detailed verbal instructions.
Candidates must be willing and available to work other shifts or overtime as needed to meet production schedules.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
80% - Performs pressure tests and bonds; assembles and packages parts. Press and mold materials, clean and assemble equipment, cleans tools, parts, and work area.
10% - Insulates motor cases.
10% - Maintains records related to rocket manufacture and performs environmental duties listed below:
1. Collect, containerize, and label waste chemicals generated as part of production operations.
2. Maintain satellite accumulation areas in a safe and orderly manner and in compliance with environmental regulations.
3. Ensure that Hazardous Waste Control Technician is contacted to have non-energetic chemical wastes moved to the chemical waste handling area (CWHA), and energetic wastes (waste explosives) moved to the energetic waste accumulation areas or the thermal treatment units.
4. Immediately report spills of chemicals and/or process waters to the Environmental department.
5. In the event of an emergency incident, implement the facility Emergency Procedures/Contingency Plan.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: Perform other duties as assigned to support production demands.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Arkansas Career Readiness Certificate-Silver Level is required for this position. Previous mechanical experience desired. Will be exposed to chemicals. Workplace may involve a variety of conditions including but not limited to: outdoor environments, elevated structures and excavations, areas where chemical materials may be encountered, shop environments and construction sites. Must customarily have a high consciousness for personnel and equipment safety. May be required to utilize a variety of personal protective equipment. Regular and predictable attendance is expected.
US Citizenship Only Required. Dual Citizenship does not meet job qualifications. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship). Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Work environment may be controlled with or without humidity control. Exposure and risk to health is minimal. Work is performed on all 3 shifts, normally five days a week, but overtime during the week and weekends is mandatory when required. Various types and configurations of automatic, semiautomatic and manually operated equipment are used. Lifting requirement is moderate (30 pounds).