Observes skilled assemblers for learning purposes. Assist in the lining, tool-up, casting, curing, parts cleaning, and de-tooling of rocket motors. Works with direct supervision, following formal written procedures and detailed verbal instructions.
Candidates must be willing and available to work other shifts or overtime as needed to meet production schedules.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
75% - Assemble rocket motors or components.
25% - Clean areas, tools, hardware and maintain clean work areas.
1. Collect, containerize, and label waste chemicals generated as part of production operations.
2. Maintain satellite accumulation areas in a safe and orderly manner and in compliance with environmental regulations.
3. Ensure that Hazardous Waste Control Technician is contacted to have non-energetic chemical wastes moved to the chemical waste handling area (CWHA), and energetic wastes (waste explosives) moved to the energetic waste accumulation areas or the thermal treatment units.
4. Immediately report spills of chemicals and/or process waters to the Environmental department.
5. In the event of an emergency incident, implement the facility Emergency Procedures/Contingency Plan.
Secondary Functions: Duties as assigned to assist Production Demands.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred and 0 - 1 year of related experience. Arkansas Career Readiness Certificate-Silver Level required for this position. Propellant manufacturing experience desired. Will be exposed to chemicals/propellant. This position requires the willingness and ability to work other shifts and overtime as needed, with appropriate notice, to meet production scheduled. Regular and predictable attendance is expected.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Work environment may be controlled with or without humidity control. Exposure and risk to health is minimal. Work performed on all 3 shifts, normally five days a week, but overtime during the week and weekends is mandatory when required. Various types and configurations of automatic, semiautomatic and manually operated equipment are used. Lifting requirement is moderate (30 pounds).