Aerojet Rocketdyne Coleman Aerospace is looking for a System Safety Engineer Specialist for it's Orlando, FL location.
The Safety Engineer is responsible for identifying hazards and proposing mitigations associated with the procurement, manufacture, assembly, testing, and operation of missile systems and support equipment.
The ideal candidate will ensure Safety procedures and rules are followed on the manufacturing floor as well as the off-site assembly and processing areas
The Safety Engineer must review documentation (e.g., customer contracts, engineering drawings, procedures) to establish and verify that product designs, plans, and procedures meet all applicable Safety requirements for fabrication, test, flight and life cycle disposal environments.
Will utilize a combination of commercial and in-house developed software tools (e.g. MS office), to gather technical documentation in support of all programs.
May coordinate risk and opportunity management for development and production programs.
Must interface with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., Engineering, Program Management, Production and external stakeholders).
Will generate and submit documentation to customer, and support technical presentations.
Up to 15% Out-of-State travel required, with 35% in-State/local travel (Primarily Orlando and Cape Canaveral).
- Implement and evaluate all System Safety programs
- Evaluate program documents and resolve all safety issues
- Analyze and perform assessment on all safety hazards and recommend improvements to all engineering processes and ensure optimal integration of safety features on
- Coordinate with system engineering process for all user cases and identify all safety requirements and prepare required presentation for all safety evaluation meetings
- Evaluate all system engineering documents and participate in test activities and ensure compliance to all safety requirements and evaluate all system engineering documents
- Develop and implement all enterprise safety policies and coordinate with management staff to identify all risks and prepare reports for same
- Evaluate all system safety requirements and coordinate with company engineers to maintain quality of all processes
- Provide training to all personnel for all safety evaluation processes and oversee all program activities
- Generation and maintenance of Safety Assessment Reports and Hazard Logs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: BS in Engineering or the equivalent combination of education and experience in System Safety. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of nine (9) years of related experience. Knowledge of MIL-STD-882 or equivalent System Safety methodology is required. Must be familiar with the generation and maintenance of Safety Assessment Reports and Hazard Logs.
SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must be confident and comfortable addressing safety behavior of all levels of personnel. Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD 'Secret' Security Clearance. Must satisfactorily complete safety training courses for working in the vicinity of, handling, testing, and installation of explosive devices. Must be able to learn Microsoft Office Products (e.g. Word, Excel) must be able to climb 25 foot vertical ladder and perform limited work/inspections at heights