The Assembler 3 performs tasks required to produce solid propellant under limited supervision. Follows formal written procedures and detailed verbal instructions. This position will be located at our facility in Camden, Arkansas.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Candidates must be willing and available to work other shifts or overtime as needed to meet production schedules.
75% - Weighs ingredients to manufacture propellant. Maintains records of rocket manufacture. Operates machinery to manufacture propellant.
25% - Cleans and assembles equipment. Cleans tools, parts, and work area. Handles environmental duties as listed below.
Secondary Functions: Duties as assigned to assist production demands.
1. Collect, containerize, and label waste chemicals generated as part of production operations.
2. Maintain satellite accumulation areas in a safe and orderly manner and in compliance with environmental regulations.
3. Ensure that Hazardous Waste Control Technician is contacted to have non-energetic chemical wastes moved to the chemical waste handling area (CWHA), and energetic wastes (waste explosives) moved to the energetic waste accumulation areas or the thermal treatment units.
4. Immediately report spills of chemicals and/or process waters to the Environmental department.
5. In the event of an emergency incident, implement the facility Emergency Procedures/Contingency Plan.
High school graduate or equivalent prefered and 3 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. May require certification in assigned area. Propellant Manufacturing experience desired. Arkansas Career Readiness Certificate-Silver level required for this position.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels or with fume or airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, chemicals/propellant, etc. requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as face protection (safety glasses, goggles, face shield), foot protection (i.e. steel toed shoes, rubber boots, etc.), gloves, hard hat, shop coat and hearing protection. Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary. This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.