Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for the Huntsville, AL facility. Under limited direction, the ISSO is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for an information system (IS) and as such, works in close collaboration with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM). The ISSO shall have the detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the security aspects of an IS and, in Aerojet Rocketdyne facilities, is assigned responsibility for the day-to-day security operations of a system. Responsibilities also include physical and environmental protection, personnel security, incident handling, and security training and awareness. In close coordination with the ISSM, the ISSO plays an active role in monitoring a system and its environment of operation, managing and controlling changes to the system, and assessing the security impact of those changes to further advise the ISSM.
100% - Responsibilities of the ISSO include, but are not limited to:
· Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the security authorization package;
· Attend technical and security training (e.g., operating system, networking, security management) relative to assigned duties;
· Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to the IS;
· Report all security-related incidents to the ISSM;
· Conduct periodic reviews of ISs to ensure compliance with the security authorization package;
· Serve as member of the Configuration Control Board (CCB);
· Coordinate any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with the ISSM prior to the change;
· Formally notify the ISSM when changes occur that might affect system authorization;
· Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly;
· Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals;
· Assist in the development and oversight of program Operations Security (OPSEC) Plans
· Ensure audit records are protected, collected and reviewed.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and 3 years of directly related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance. Position may require the ability to satisfy enhanced personnel security requirements (requires U.S. Citizenship). Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels or with fume or airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, etc. requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as face protection (safety glasses, goggles, face shield), foot protection (i.e. steel toed shoes, rubber boots, etc.), gloves, hard hat, shop coat and hearing protection. Work requires the ability to change into or out of personal protective equipment when entering or exiting manufacturing, laboratory, or other areas. Some employees may be required to drive between various locations within the Company facility or between locations. Work duties may also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer and/or the ability to travel by air or auto. Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary. This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.