Coleman Aerospace is seeking a Quality Assurance Inspector 3 for its Orlando, FL location.
Candidates must have an understanding of Metrology and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing. This position requires experience with Quality inspection of mechanical components. This position will be responsible for ensuring hardware meets all requirements as outlined in the design documentation, standards, and specifications (for example, J-STD-001, IPC-620, and Military Specifications).
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher if the successful candidate has the necessary experience to justify the level adjustment.
• 50% - Utilize metrology tools and techniques to ensure components meet all approved requirements outlined in design documentation, standards, and specifications.
• 25% - Review of documentation and objective evidence to ensure compliance to requirements.
• 15% - Communicating and collaborating with team. Identifying problems, solutions, and areas for improvement.
• 10% Learning and training on tools (e.g., FARO arm) and techniques. Cross-training with team members to increase knowledge base.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred and a minimum of 3 years of overall manufacturing experience (or an equivalent of education and experience) is required.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Additional required or desired Qualifications:
• Experience using calipers, scales, micrometers, and height gages
• Experience with hardware acceptance
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions is required
• Knowledge of Industry standards and Quality specifications
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering drawings, product specifications, test procedures, MIL standards and requirements
• Moderate computer skills are necessary
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Occasional travel (<10%) may be necessary. Weekend and overtime work may be required
• Experience with software such as TipQA, CostPoint, PDM+ is desired
• Experience using FARO arm, CMM, or similar equipment is desired
• Certifications and/or Training (such as ASQ, IPC, J-STD) are desired
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.